On
first impressions based on the size of Ouro Preto one would assume that it is a
calm laid back gentle place..almost quaint. This is true to a certain extent, however noise
levels seem to be on the higher end of the scale.
Drinking
a beer in the main square outside in one of my favourite bars involves being
blasted in one ear with a car stereo (which earlier I mistook for a live band
as I approached the square) and in the other an actual live acoustic
performance in the other (courtesy of bar).
We
live in the centre of the city, but if you were to blind fold someone and lead
them to our apartment they could be forgiven for thinking we reside on a farm.
We have dogs barking all night who seem to end their shift at around 4am which
is when the roosters start. This is obviously unique to our apartment, but at
eight in the morning we are lucky enough to ‘overhear’ or get rudely awoken by
builders who are working on an extension adjacent to our bedroom.
I
think I have had about 7 hours sleep in the last three days. Being an
experienced insomniac this may be close to a record.
No comments:
Post a Comment