Tuesday, 15 October 2013

More umbrellas than thongs



In Ouro Preto it rains a lot. When the Mister and I were checking weather reports every day leading up to our departure, they showed us  that the state of Minas Gerais was about 26/27 degrees – one website contradicted this for Ouro Preto but we decided to ignore that one as we didn’t like it. Well that website was accurate. Ouro Preto is a mountain town and is completely different and interchangeable to the rest of Minas Gerais. On arrival it felt like my first Glastonbury, in 1997 when I experienced torrential rain in a place where I thought the sun shone constantly because that is what the telly coverage showed. When we arrived here, it  was pissing it down and it continued to do this for the next three days.

You don’t really pack many winter clothes when you think it’s going to be hot all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment