Monday, 25 November 2013

Brazil does like a good party...


Even the kids parades are brilliant.

I was lucky enough to be invited to a puppet festival with G and the family in a beautiful town called Mariana which is like a light version of Ouro Preto (a much smaller quieter colonial town about 10 miles away).

The day was centered around kids who tend to be more interested in puppets than adults although I think that is a myth, unless you count a puppet show in Portuguese which isn't so enjoyable if you only speak English and don't have any offspring.

Here is some footage of the day - the highlight was the parade.*





I don't claim to be any good at filming or uploading videos. I did some anyway for your pleasure (or pain).












* For any puppet fascists out there - I am fully aware that this may not adhere to the strict guidelines of what the definition of a puppet is, for you are welcome to think of it as a costume parade.



No comments:

Post a Comment